Information: Hal-Tartarni was one of the ten parishes mentioned by Senator Mello in 1436, but the parish was later on suppressed when the village was abandoned by its inhabitants. A new village, Dingli, arose in the vicinity of Hal-Tartarni, and this village became a parish in 1615. During a vacancy in the bishopric, the parish of Dingli was suppressed illegally, but was re-established by the bishop in 1678. The present church was built in 1903 on the site of the 1678 church.
Name: Parish Church of the Assumption of Our Lady
Priest: Parish Priest Rev Norman Zammit
Office Address: Parish Office 30, Triq il-Parrocca Had-Dingli DGL 1030 Telephone 21454634 Fax 21455738
Office Hours: Mondays and Thursdays 9.00 - 11.00 am 4.30 - 06.00 pm
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.30, 8.00, 9.30, 11.00 am and 4.30 pm winter, 5.00pm summer Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm winter ; 7.00pm summer Weekdays: 6.00, 7.30am , 6.30pm winter ; 7.00pm summer
Other information on churches under this parish: St Dominica Chapel The Church was built in 1669. Rev John Azzopardi looks after it and celebrates once a year Mass in it. Chapel of St Mary Magdalen The chapel on Dingli cliffs was built about 1640; the parish priest is responsible for it and celebrates a Holy Mass every 22nd July, feast of St Mary Magdalen. The Cemetery Chapel The Cemetery was inaugurated in 1952 and Mass is celebrated in the chapel on the 2nd November and on the first Sunday of November. Savio College The College was founded in 1968 by the Salesians of Don Bosco to be a centre of Christian education and Salesian formation of young people. The College is a secondary school with 250 pupils, while the Salesian Oratory opens three times a week for young people from the area. It houses the post-novice students and it is also a centre for vocation animation welcoming young aspirants. Attached is a Retreat Centre animated by the Salesian Pastoral Youth Service which provides a variety of seminars and retreats for young people. Rector Fr . Paul Formosa SDB Telephone 2145 6251