Information: At Balluta Bay, in St. Julians, since 1859 there was a church dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, built by the Confraternity of Our Lady of Mount Carmel of Valletta; the church was rebuilt in 1877 and given to the Carmelite friars who rebuilt it in 1900. In 1958 it was rebuilt again and in 1974 it became the parish church of the locality
Name: Parish Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Dedication date 12 December 1984
Priest: Rev. Maurice Abela O. Carm.
Office Address: Carmelite Friars, Balluta SLM 05 Telephone 2134 4306 Mobile 7907 1610
Office Hours: Mondays: 5.00 - 7.00 pm Wednesdays: 4.30 - 6.00 pm Fridays: 4.30 - 5.30 pm Saturdays: 8.30 - 9.30 am
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days 6 00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.00 , 11.00 am, 12.00 , 6.30 pm Saturday Evenings 6.30 pm Weekdays 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30, 8.00, 9.30 am; 6.30 pm Weekdays (August and September) 6.00, 7.00, 7.30, 8.00, 9.30 am; 6.30 pm
Other information on churches under this parish: St Ignatius Chapel The church was formerly the chapel of St Ignatius which the English Jesuits had opened in 1877. The chapel was opened to the public in 1881, but remained closed for a certain period of time and during the last war it served as a store. It was reopened for worship in 1949 Priest in charge Rev. Paul Deguara SJ Tel: 21247116 Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days 8.00 am Chapel of the Casa Leone XIII The convent which the Blue Sisters had near the Zammit Clapp Hospital became a residence for elderly people when the sisters had to leave the island. Priest in charge Rev Guido Micallef O.Carm. Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 9.00 am, 11.00 am (in English) Saturday Evenings: 4.00 pm; 6.30 pm (in English) Mondays to Fridays: 9.00 am Pastoral Centre "Jesus our Friend" About fifty years ago the friars of the Sacro Cuor parish, Sliema, opened a house in Rose Street for the teaching of Christian doctrine. For twenty-one years Fr Marianus Vella taught and said Mass in the house. Between 1993 and 1994 Fr Bernard Bartolo O.F.M. demolished the old house and in its place built a new chapel and a pastoral centre, which he dedicated to Jesus our friend. At present this area of Sliema forms part of Balluta parish, but the chapel and centre are still run by the Franciscan friars. Today Rose Street has had its name changed to Fr Marianus Vella Street. Priest in charge Fr Richard Grech OFM Telephone: 21313353 Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00, 8.00 am Saturday Evenings: 6.00 pm From Mondays to Fridays: 6.00 pm