Information: At Hamrun there were two old churches, the "Samra" church and the "Ta' Nuzzu" church, but they were too small to be parish churches when Hamrun was made a parish. A new church was built and was dedicated to St. Cajetan of Thiene, the namesake of the bishop of the time, Mgr Gaetano Pace Forno. The church was opened for worship in 1875 and in 1881 it became the parish church of Hamrun.
Name: Parish Church of St. Cajetan of Thiene Dedication date 26 September 1930
Priest: Parish Priest Rev Paul Fenech
Office Address: 656 St Joseph High Road, Hamrun HMR 1012 Telephone 21238593 Office 21239623 Home 21231972 Fax
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 04.00 pm - 6.00 pm During the blessing of houses in Eastertide Mondays and Fridays 04.00 pm - 6.00 pm
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days 06.00, 07.30, 09.00, 11.00 am and 06.00 pm Saturday Evenings 06.30 pm and 07.45 pm Weekdays 07.00, 09.00 am; 6.30 pm 12.00 noon (except July August September)
Other information on churches under this parish: Church of Our Lady of Sorrows In 1951 a centre for the teaching of catechism by members of the Legion of Mary was opened in a house given to the parish by Farsons Ltd. Later on a church was built on the site, and today marriages may be celebrated in this church. Priest in charge Rev Salvatore Vella Telephone 21230369 or 21231119 Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days 07.00, 08.00, 09.00 am Saturday Evenings 06.00 pm Weekdays 07.15 am; 07.00 pm Chapel of the Miracolous Medal The chapel forms part of the Headquarters of the Society of Christian Doctrine and its building started in 1958; it was opened to the public in 1964. It houses the remains of Saint George Preca and of the Servant of God Eugenio Borg. Priest in charge Mgr. Lawrence Gatt Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days 07.00, 08.00 am Weekdays 07.30 am; 06.00 pm Church of the Black Madonna The church has a copy of the image of Our Lady of Atocia, vernerated in the Dominican church of Madrid. The copy was brought to Malta from Madrid in 1631 and a small church was built for it on the ta' Braxia Heights. At the beginning of the last century the church was kept closed, but was opened by Saint George Preca: today it is open daily and marriages may be held in it. Priest in charge Mgr. Joseph Pace Holy Masses Sundays and Feast Days 06.45, 08.00, 10.15 am Saturday Evenings 06.00 pm Weekdays 06.45 am Ta' Nuzzu Chapel The church dedicated to Our Lady of Good Havens, was built in 1745 and served as a subsidiary parish till the church of St. Cajetan was built. The Discalced Carmelites of Cospicua took care of this church when their church in Cospicua was bombed. Marriages may be held in this church. Priest in charge The Parish Priest Perpetual Adoration Monday to Saturday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm