Information: Wied il-Ghajn, also known as Marsascala, became a parish in 1949, and the small church of St. Anne, the property of the Senglea Chapter became the parish church. The present church was built in 1953.
Name: Parish Church dedicated to St. Anne
Priest: Parish Priest: Rev Martin Micallef
Office Address: Parish Hall Pjazza Dun Tarcis Agius Marsascala MSK 1162 Telephone / fax 2163 3703
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 4.30 - 6.00 pm Tuesdays and Saturdays 9.00 - 11.00 am
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.30, 8.00, 9.15, 11.30 a.m (in English); 6.00 p.m. Saturday Evenings in winter: 5.15, 6.30 p.m. Saturday Evenings from July till September: 5.15, 6.30, 7.45 pm Weekdays: 7.45 a.m.; 6.00 p.m. (winter) 6.30 p.m. (summer)
Other information on churches under this parish: The old parish church of St. Anne The church was given by the Senglea chapter to the Archbishop to be used as the parish church of the locality. The church was given by the Senglea chapter to the Archbishop to be used as the parish church of the locality. Church of Our Lady of Consolation The chapel, known as “tal-Markiza”, was built in the 18th century and today it is used for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration. Church of the Holy Rosary The church was built in 1856 by Luigi dei Conti Manduca; in 1997 the family donated the church to the diocese. St. Anthony’s Church The church was built in 1675 and even today many people visit the church to implore the saint’s help. Holy Mass is celebrated in it on the 13th June. Priest in charge Parish Priest Telephone 2163 3703 Church of Our Lady of Light and St. Anthony The church was built in 1748 on the site of an earlier church dedicated to St. John the Baptist, which had been closed in 1654. Priest in charge Rev Remigio Saliba Telephone 2169 5518 Church of St. Cajetan The church is near St. Thomas Bay and was built in 1657; Mass is celebrated in it every Saturday Evening at 7.00 pm. Priest in charge Parish Priest Telephone 2163 3703