Information: Mqabba became a parish in 1598 and the old church dedicated to St. Basil was used as a parish church till a new church was built in 1699. The present church was severely damaged during the war and restoration work lasted till 1947
Name: Parish Church dedicated to the Assumption of St. Mary Dedication date 20 May 1774
Priest: Parish Priest Rev Nazzareno Caruana
Office Address: 35 Church Square, Mqabba MQB 1013 Telephone 21649306 Office 21641081 Home
Office Hours: Mondays and Fridays 9.30 - 11.30 am, 4.30 - 06.30 pm
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00,8.30, 10.00 am; 6.00 pm Saturday Evenings: 6.00 pm winter; 6.30 pm summer Weekdays: 6.30, 8.00, 6.00 pm winter, 6.30 pm summer
Other information on churches under this parish: OTHER CHURCHES St. Basil Church The church was built between 1486 and 1515: in the first years of the parish and during the last War it served as a parish church; today it is used for group meetings and conferences. Restoration works were carried out recently. Priest in charge Parish Priest St. Catherine Chapel Formerly there were two Chapels on the site, one dedicated to St. Peter and the other to St. Catherine. In 1750 the two chapels were demolished by order of the bishop and a chapel dedicated to St. Catherine was built instead. St. Michael Chapel The chapel is adjacent to the church of St. Basil and was probably built in 1550 and built again in 1669. Our Lady of Sorrows Chapel The chapel dates from the 16th century and was enlarged in 1680. It is open every Friday for the benefit of the faithful who visit the church to pray to Our Lady of Sorrows. The Cemetery Chapel The chapel was built in 1910 and dedicated to Jesus of Nazareth.