Information: Zebbug was a parish before 1436, but the present church was built in 1632 and enlarged by Tommaso Dingli some time later.
Name: Parish Church dedicated to St. Philip of Aggira Dedication date 13 May 1729
Priest: Archpriest Rev Daniel Cardona
Office Address: 9 Parish Street Zebbug ZBG 3361 Telephone 2146 0800 Office 2146 5586 Home
Office Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 4.30 - 6.00 pm Tuesdays 9.30 - 11.30 am Saturdays 10.00 - 11.30 am
Masses: Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.30, 11.00 am Saturday and Sunday Evenings: 5.00, 6.30 pm (Winter); 5.30, 7.00 pm (Summer) Weekdays: 6.00, 7.00, 7.45, 8.45 am; 6.30 pm (Winter) 7.00 pm (Summer)
Other information on churches under this parish: Sanctuary of the Sacred Heart of Jesus The building of this sanctuary began in 1979 in the outskirts of the village. It was inaugurated in 1986 and consecrated in 2003. Priest in charge Mgr Lawrence Mifsud Holy Masses Sundays and Feastdays: 8.00 am; 6.00 pm Weekdays: 6.00 pm (Winter); 6.30 pm (Summer) Church of Our Lady of the Light (tad-Dawl) The church was built between 1738 and 1740 on the place of an older church dedicated to the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Priest in charge Archpriest Church of Our Lady of Divine Graces The Church was built in 1680 on the site of an older church dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Priest in charge Archpriest Holy Mass Sundays and Feastdays: 7.00 am St James Church The church is attached to a benefice belonging to the Cathedral and was built in 1674. Presently it is not in use. St Roque Church The church was built after the 1597 plague and it is the smallest church in the village. Since 1980 its maintenance is in the responsibility of "Din l-Art Helwa". Presently it houses a small museum. Hal Mula Chapel In 1980 the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary opened a residence at Hal Mula in a farmhouse. The chapel of their residence is open to the people of the locality. Priest in charge Archpriest Holy Masses Sundays and Feastdays: 8.00 am Saturday Evenings: 6.30 pm Weekdays: 6.30 pm Franciscan Sisters Chapel In 1794 a small hospital was opened in Zebbug for the elderly people. Later on, the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart became responsible for the running of the hospital which also included an orphanage. Today it is the home for a small number of elderly women. Priest in charge Archpriest Holy Mass Sunday and Feastdays: 7.45 am Annunciation Church The church was built in 1696 on the site of an older church. Church of St Mary of the Angels The church was built in 1696 on the site of an older church. Church of St Mary (Ta' Mamo) The church was built in 1685 and today it is used to store church furnishings. Church of the Visitation (at Qirda Valley) The church was built in 1673 on the site of an older church mentioned by Mgr Dusina in the report of his Pastoral Visit in 1575. Presently it is closed. Chapel of the Immaculate Conception The chapel was built after the plague of 1677. Presently it is used to store church furnishings.